I am officially on vacation for an entire month. Has anyone in their whole life ever had a month off? It's a very strange feeling. It started off with a few parties and some relaxation. Then, I hit the slopes. Yesterday, I went skiing with some friends in the Andes at a ski resort called El Colorado. Skiing here is a little different than in the states. There are absolutely no trees on the slopes. Its basically a bald, naken mountain with some wooden barricades to provide some outlines.
Talk a look at the pics...(mostly scenery pics, but very pretty)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2289424&l=230ef&id=907196
If you don't already know the story about the cat, allow me to explain. I am scared of cats, they frighten me. I can't handle them. One sunny day, I opened the door and before I left the house for class, I closed it. I came home late that night, and I hear a noise coming from my room. I think that perhaps, I left the door open and the noise is coming from outside. As I walk closer to my room, I realize, the noise is coming from inside the house. I keep hearing this purring, and I see the glassy eyes of some ugly stray cat that's chillin' under the TV stand in my room! "Vas, vas!" I yell... (that's "go, go!" in spanish). That didn't work. I call a friend, she says, it's a stray cat, it's probably hungry, put out some food. So I go for the first thing I find: some bread. Clearly, my knowledge of cats is lacking, because in the moment of fear, I didn't think... hmmm. what would cats want to eat? I am thinking, "get this disease infested rodent out of my room!" The cat wasn't into the bread that I was putting out for it, so it ran further into the house. At this point, my heart is pounding, and I am FREAKING OUT. There is a cat inside the house! So, I wake Gerty up, explain the fear of cats, and then she saves the day by getting rid of it. That is the story of the stray cat that tried to have a little sleep over party in my room.
Back to my vacation.... The rest of the week, I will be in Santiago... going to the museums I didn't go to already, wineries, etc.... Then, on Saturday, I fly to Easter Island for a week! My final week of vacation will be with Mom and Earle in Buenos Aires!
Will update soon with more vacation adventures, injuries, etc....
Besitos!
Lauren
1 comment:
You are living the life! Good for you. When do you head home? Sorry, I should know this. :(
Post a Comment